The exchange charges fees based on a maker-taker schedule and on your individual trade volume over the past 30 days.
For a 30-day trade volume up to 500.000 USD the maker-fees are 0.1% and the taker-fees are 0.2%.
For a trade volume higher than 500.000 USD the exchange offers reduced fees.
worldwide, except Germany.
Bosten, US, based Poloniex was launched in 2014 and once a leading crypto-trading platform. The exchange was acquired by Circle, a Goldman Sachs backed up start-up, in 2018. Poloniex has been accused frequently for frozen accounts, lost funds or manipulated volume and has to recover a lot of community trust.
- competitive fees
- wide range of available altcoins
- advanced trading platform
- cold storage security architecture
- many customer complains about platform downtimes, lost and frozen funds
- accused of manipulating trade volumes
- very weak customer support
- currently very low community trust
- payment only via crypto
- ID verification needed for withdrawals