The exchange works with a maker-taker-model, where fees are calculated based on your past 31-days trade volume.
Up to a trade volume of 50 BTC, the exchange charges a 0.25% maker- and a 0.35% taker-fee.
Gatecoin offers reduced trading fees, when your past 31-days trading volume is higher than 50BTC.
Founded in 2013 and Hong Kong based, Gatecoin was the first crypto exchange to list the Ethereum token (ETH) and has since then specialized on tokens associated with the network.
- availability of yet unknown altcoins
- cold storage security architecture with multi-signature wallets
- well-designed interface
- many important coins aren't listet
- strict ID verification needed (due to regulation)
- some users complain about not-realized withdrawals
- no real-time customer support (only via social media and mail)